A well integrated, self-contained FMCG industry set up by Chaudhary Group has evolved to become one of Nepal’s leading manufacturers of FMCG products.
CG has interests across a variety of FMCG products like Food & Beverages, Beer and Cigarettes. It has the following divisions under FMCG.
CG Foods (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. (CGFN) is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company and formerly known as Nepal Thai Foods. It was established in 1984 in Kathmandu for manufacturing instant noodles with a capacity of 120 packets per minute in technical collaboration with Thai Preserved Food Factory, Thailand. Today it has increased in multiple folds to the capacity to 1,350 packets of noodle per minute or 25,000 tonnes per year. It has also increased its product portfolio to Extruded Snacks, Potato Chips, Fried Snacks, Fruit Drinks, Chocolate Enrobed Wafer and Broken Noodles popularly known as Bhujiya. CGFN has two manufacturing locations in Nepal which have been named as FUDCO at Kathmandu and Chaudhary Udyog Gram (CUG) at Nawalparasi, 160 Kms south west of Kathmandu.
- Wai Wai is a popular brown noodle (3 Seasonings) available in 2 different flavours - Vegetable and Chicken. It is available in 75 gm packet.
- Wai Wai Quick is a brown noodle (Curry Base - 3 Seasonings) available in Vegetable and Chicken flavours. It is available in 75 gm packet.
- Wai Wai X Press is a white noodle (2 Seasonings) available in Vegetable and Chicken flavours. It is available in 90 gm packet.
- Wai Wai X Press Masala Delight is a white vegetable noodle with 2 seasonings. It is available in 90 gm packet and 50 gm packet.
- Soaltee is a white noodle available in Chicken flavour. It is available in 50 gm packet.
- Mimi snack noodle (2 Seasonings) available in Chicken flavour. It is available in 50gm packet.
Bhujia and Snacks
- Mama Bhujia is available in Chicken flavour in three different weights - 40gm, 10gm and 20 gm.
- Kwiks Potato Chips, very popular among the youngsters is available in 16 and 35 grams. It is available in the spicy Tangy Masala and Tomato Chilli.
- Kwiks Cheese Balls is made in the most modern and hygienic plant with the best quality, they are blended with right amount of Corn, Cheese and Salt. The Cheese Balls is available in 12 gm.
The Zoom wafers are avaible in four Different flavors namely, Chocolate Enrobed Wafer, Vanila Flavour Wafer, Orange Flavour Wager and Orange Flavour Wafer. It contains Sugar, Vegetable Fat, Wheat Flour, Milk Powder and Sodium Bicarbonate.
Gold Beverage Nepal (GBN), a unit of CG Foods (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. was established in the year 1998 for the production of Fruit juice. Currently it produces more than 30 Million packets per year. It produces popular flavours like Alfanso Mango, Mixed fruit, and Pineapple under its brand name Rio.
Natural Spring Water
CG has recently tied up with Raybot Springs Mineral Water Pvt. Ltd. to bottle water from natural springs with the objective of exporting to various international markets and for domestic sales. The plant manufactures bottled natural spring water of the Himalayas in various packaging sizes. The bottling plant is located in Kathmandu. The unit has its own source that rivals to any spring water from any part of the world. CG Beverages’ CG Raybot unit is taking the Himalayan spring water to the world.
CG has a cigarette manufacturing unit, Perfect Blends (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. that produces popular brands like Bagh, Gaurav, James, Josh, Matrix, Pine, Pride and Sahasi. It was established in 1998 with the capacity of 1,500 sticks per minute. It currently has a capacity of 4,500 sticks per minute.
Sungold Brewery (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. (SBN) was established in 1997 as the Brewery arm of Chaudhary Group and has a current capacity of producing 130,000 cartons of beer per month. It has its own popular brands like Nepal Ice, Real Gold and Mustang that is also exported to Hongkong, Japan, UK and the USA besides domestic sales. It has also tied up with international brewers like SAB Miller and InBev International, Netherlands. SBN is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
CG Packaging (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. was set up in 2010 with the objective of manufacturing high quality corrugated boxes for own internal demand as well as for external customers. CG produces a variety of food & beverage items that require corrugated boxes and in order to meet this demand CG Packaging was setup. CG Packaging is Nepal’s first automatic corrugation line with capacity to manufacture 100,000 boxes per day.
CG TRADING UNIT
CG has established a trading unit called CG Exim (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. to import and market various FMCG products for the domestic market. It will also export Nepalese FMCG products to international markets through its worldwide distribution network.