CG Industrail Park(CGIP) is Nepal’s first ultramodern industrial village situated at Nawalparasi district, 185 km by road from Kathmandu and 23 km west of Narayanghat .CUG spans over 137 acres of strategically located land adjacent to Mahendra Highway.
In 1965, CG established its first Modern Hosiery Industry in Birgunj. Next development was by establishing a Biscuit Factory and Maida Mill in Duhabi, one of the very first industries in the area. Today it is the largest industrial area in Nepal.While establishing CGFP(CG Food Park) at Sainbu, it was realized that every time the same infrastructure was needed to establish an industry.
This was when the Group decided to built an integrated world class industrial village having full-fledged infrastructural facilities to smoothen the progress of the establishment of industries in a short period decreasing the cost, time and efforts required to establish an industry.
The land was acquired in 1993 and the commercial production started in 1995. It was formally named as Ganga Devi Chaudhary Udyog Gram on 9th March 2003.
To provide a self-contained, integrated and eco-friendly infrastructure to be able to compete with any South Asian standards.
Effect on Insurgency on the Growth of CGIP
Before the insurgency period there was immense growth. The Group had installed its first Wai Wai Plant and set up units for Brewery, Cigarettes and Seasoning. The number of employees had increased from 75 to 800.
During the insurgency period the growth of CGIP became stagnated and no new plants or projects were started.
After the insurgency period the process of rejuvenation started. The group installed one of the largest brown noodles plant in South Asia and Potato Chips plants. The number of employees increased from 800 to above 1,500.
- More than 137 acres of land
- 6 different companies
- 15 different units running simultaneously
- 1,530 Employees
- 4 Noodles plants producing around 450 million packets per year
- 13 broken Noodles plants
What makes CGIP different from other Industrial Estates
- 1,530 direct employment opportunities - More than 90% of employees are from local villages
- Enhancing the economic and socio-economic prosperity to the local people
- Women empowerment – 370+ Female employees
- Balanced backward integration
- Germinated highly skilled, technical and qualified manpower especially in Noodles segment
- 10%-15% of manpower trained inside CGIP are working abroad
- Increase in trend of Nepalese people coming to join CGIP from Gulf countries
- Highest Value to Healthy Industrial Relations
- Local Brand taken to the global arena - Exporting to over 15 different countries
- Nepal’s first private sectors state-of-art learning centre , CG Learning Center ( CGLC )
- Centrally located with un-interrupted 24 hours supply of water & power
- Infrastructure to accommodate the establishment of more than 34 industries –13 different industries in operation simultaneously
- Use of agro waste in replacement of diesel for operation of Boiler
CGIP’s Contribution to the Society
CGIP has been contributing to the society at large in the fields of Education, Health, Sports, Religion, Environment and Development Works. It provides scholarships to deserving students, on the job training and industrial exposure. It has a Primary Health Centre, supports other medical campaigns and provides financial aid to victims of natural disaster. It provides support for organizing various games and tournaments. It has a Vedic Temple inside the estate. It has an effluent treatment plant and is exceedingly eco friendly. CGIP has been involved in the construction of school buildings, roads, culverts, passenger waiting stands on the road side and poles for extension of electricity.
CGIP is the main production centre for the following units:
- CG Foods (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. – Noodles, Extruded Snacks, Potato Chips, Fried Snacks, Fruit Drinks, Chocolate Enrobed Wafer and Broken Noodles popularly known as Bhujiya
- Sungold Brewery (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. - Beer
- Perfect Plends Nepal Pvt. Ltd. – Cigarettes
- CG Packaging (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd. - Cartons
- CG Electronics Pvt. Ltd.- Televisions